Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Tweeted a Story or Two

It has been way too long since I've updated here. I miss my personal blogging but have been lacking both the time and inspiration of late. I'm not the type of blogger that likes to write and update everyone on my life happenings. I try to approach my blogging like a public journal of my random thoughts and opinions, giving me a forum to express myself. But I did decide to update today with a few personal life items for the entertainment and lucrative value.

Recently entered another writing contest. It is called Tweet Me A Story and is hosted by New York City Midnight Madness. I had to write a story using a word that was randomly assigned to me. The story could only be 140 characters in length including spaces. Thus the title "Tweet" as the contest was inspired by the length limitation of Twitter (you can now follow me on Twitter if you are so inclined to recieve my oober exciting updates at Marian116). The word assigned to me was Sharp. These are the top 3 stories I submitted:

1. The knife so sharp, the flesh on her finger a delicacy. A pineapple its one obstacle to penetration. Salivating, sliding, slipping…success!

2. My will to survive fortified. It came down to my life or my arm. The sharp agony of pain intensified as I began to saw through flesh & bone.

3. A nurse approached my bed, needle in hand. Panting, sweating I turned my head. The prick was sharp and precise. My world is fading to black.

I found the contest extremely entertaining and somewhat challenging. Most who have read and critiqued the first story have requested clarification. It is basically a concise version of a time I cut my finger with a very sharp knife while slicing a pineapple. It is written from the knife's p.o.v. :)

You can always catch my writing on examiner.com. I have a link to it to your right on this page. I think some of my followers and friends have misinterpreted that site as another blogging spot for me. It's not. I am employed by Examiner to be a reporter on National Pop Music. And while they give me liberty to write about whatever I went within that sphere I don't make money unless I pick popular topics that people are searching for online. It's not that I'm crazy about all the artists or bands I am writing about but I report what I find to be hot and popular. Simply stated that is how I earn the cash. If you wanna help me out, just hit my site once a day. Even if you don't read what I post, your mouse click nets me some money.

Since this blog entry is getting way too long for my liking, I'm gonna sign off for now. Keep checking in. I will try to get back on the bandwagon here!

Hugs and Love to you!

No comments: