Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Hardest Lesson of Humanity

I know it has been awhile since I last posted and thought I would catch you up on my most current events with pictures instead of words. After all doesn't a picture speak a thousand words...? I will probably narrorate 30-40 of those thousand words for you though:)!



On Friday night we went to see The Lion King at the Buell Theatre downtown. It is an amazing sensory show that is worth experiencing at least once.




On Saturday night I had WAY too much fun at a Halloween party and like Cinderella danced until the clock struck twelve:)! Good times!





Sunday, energy level waning thin, I had the opportunity to see one of the seasons most exciting Bronco games live! By this time I was missing our kids and ready to return to my quiet life with them. Seeing others' children at the game made me want to run home and hold my own...


By Tuesday I decided that I am proof positive of the statement, "You always want what you can't have," because I was already thinking that maybe I wanted to go back to work a few days a week.

Maybe my lesson isn't learned but in the midst of my ramblings I was reminded yet again that contentment is perhaps the hardest lesson of humanity...

2 comments:

Toevs said...

As far as wanting to go back to work... DON'T DO IT... :-) That is coming from one who just quit working to stay home! Today was my official "last day at the office". I am relieved... even though I am wondering why God would want me to give up my paycheck... as little as it was... hmmm.... but one look at E and A's eyes, and I know why!

Glad to see you were able to have way too much fun last weekend. I wish Dave and I could go on a big date like you and Eric did. I can't remember the last time we did something like that! Probably before E was born... sad, isn't it?

Thanks for keeping up with your posts. It is fun to check in and have a glimpse into your life. :-)

Toevs said...

What happened to Ben's first bday post?

I keep looking for a new one...
Have you and Eric given up on the blog thing?