Friday, January 25, 2008

Acceptance

Learning to accept things that we don't like, things we want to change or control can be one of the most ridiculous, self induced fights with oneself that we'll never win. Especially if you are me, a stubborn red head:)...It's not profound, but I realized recently that accepting things I cannot change can be beautiful if I allow it to be...It has brought out in me a raw honesty with myself and others that I feel has had or will have positive results.

To be candid with you I'll admit I've been a mess lately...Wondering how I got to where I am...It's like opening your eyes in the middle of the night to the unsettling dissillusionment of not knowing your surroundings. I've contemplated what my life would be like had I made different decisions earlier in life...I've wondered why doing the right thing always seemed to be enough for me, no matter what the sacrifice was, and why now it isn't enough. I can't justify my actions and life on rules and expectations. But there are things that I cannot change right now and results of decisions I've made that I cannot walk away from. So that leaves me with acceptance...And I think I finally got my arms around it for the moment.

Acceptance doesn't change feelings or emotions it just changes attitudes and willingness...So for now, I accept the things I cannot change and I'm willing to let go and let fate, faith, and hope take the wheel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your heart is full. May your journey of self finding continue to bring healing and more inner peace and strength! love you tons

The Miller Clan said...

This must be a tough time for you. You are in my prayers! God will bring you through these tough times! Look up!

Toevs said...

I just stopped by for a quick read... I am borrowing my parents' computer at the moment.

I miss you.