Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Love and Pain

Music is my muse and coping mechanism for life...And I've been listening to A LOT of music lately. The other day a lyric in a song caught my attention...

"I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all."

Which made me wonder, can you have love without pain? Can you feel one without the other?

To me feeling pain is evidence that I love. If I didn't care about a person or a thing, would it hurt to loose them or it? Love and pain are the perfect ying and yang. I'm pretty sure you can't have one without the other. So bring on the pain when it comes because that only means I have loved. And love is worth it.

2 comments:

The Miller Clan said...

Love can be painful...I hope you find all the answers you are looking for! Love you sis!

Anonymous said...

Yes, love is painful sometimes, but it's worth the ride. Absolutely.