Monday, July 14, 2008

Catching Up

I've noticed lately that life and time seem to be slipping away from me faster than I can comprehend. It happens almost every summer but each year it seems to slip by faster than the previous one. So much has happened in the last month I thought I would sit down and jot out some of the highlights.

Megan turned 5 and I officially decided that though she may be getting older I am not!!

I took a 4 day trip to Las Vegas with Eric that was relaxing and expensive, but overall necessary and fun.

Over the 4th of July weekend I decided less than 24 hours before the start of a 5k race to run in it...Not to overstate the obvious but I wasn't mentally prepared for this race nor was I adequately trained to run and somehow, surprisingly finished first place in my age group (Female 20-29) and ran close to a personal record time wise.

I turned in my 2 weeks notice at Hacienda Colorado for many reasons and I'm now gamefully unemployed...AND actively looking again. Send me your hook-ups if you have any:).

Those are just the highlights, but with that said and done the summer is already half way over, I'm less than 6 months away from turning 30 and trying desperately to figure out how to stop the hands of time!:) Any suggestions...?

XO

4 comments:

Alana Alexis said...

Stop This Train - by John Mayer

Anonymous said...

30 is great! I feel older and wiser. Like I am suddenly a WOMAN instead of a girl. I should be more respected now and what I say should be listened to (right?). Not to mention that spiritually, I have had some major walls come down and I am ready to step in to the rest of the life God has planned for me. Remember, 30 is the age Jesus stepped up his game too. It's a devine age if I do say so myself!

The Miller Clan said...

Well, unfortunately I have no suggestions for you. I agree with Heather that it is a milestone birthday and it does make you feel a little older and wiser! Enjoy your time away from the restaurant and with the kids...time sure does fly by! I can't believe Autumn is going to Kindergarten. She begs me every day to go to her new school!
Love ya,
J

Anonymous said...

Wise Old Woman says:

You are not really an adult until you turn 30 - trust me on this one...