Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Making Love

I ran across a quote yesterday that I loved and it provided much food for thought. The quote said this,

"Most people don't know how to make love."

Initially my thoughts turned toward sex as most of yours just did;), so I'll start there. What is making love vs. having sex? On a basic level sex only requires the physical meeting of two partners. Making love suggests emotions and intimacy and is usually indicative of a relationship. In a culture saturated with skin and sex and lust I'd have to agree many don't know how to slow down, connect and MAKE love...

But making love outside of the bedroom is also a legitimate issue most people don't take the time to do. It takes caring and effort to create love in the space of your world. To give love to the people who love you and others who don't, isn't easy and is certainly risky! What if you loose that relationship? What if the person rejects your attempts to love? What if in giving love you loose and get hurt?

We're all so used to the generics in life. Getting the physical fix without the emotional fulfillment. And why? I think for most it's easier that way. It's self-protection. If we don't get attached, make love and/or get our emotions involved we don't get hurt. By keeping love at bay we can walk away and brush it off if it doesn't work out. No harm no foul.

Not me, I wanna know how to create and make love and do it well! I don't care how much it hurts. The pay off of real love is so much more than the generic version. To live and to love without restraints and regrets, to me, is truly living. Seriously what else were our emotions and senses given to us for?

Experience life, feel it! Do it people. And know I love you!:)

No comments: