Saturday, September 16, 2006

Continuum

I just bought the new John Mayer cd this morning and I love it! Yes, admittedly I am a John Mayer fan but I think this is his best album yet. Music is powerful, evokes emotion, gets us dancing, humming, singing, thinking, etc. So I thought exerpts of my favorite lyrics off this new cd might be a good discussion starter. By the way - I get to see him live in concert on Monday (my next post will probably have some mention of it)!

If you don't already have this cd I highly reccomend it! Here are a few of my fav. lines!

"Now, if we had the power to bring our neighbors home from war they would have never missed a Christmas no more ribbons on their door. And when you trust your television what you get is what you got cause when they own the information they can bend it all they want."
Waiting on the World to Change

"Belief is a beautiful armor but makes for the heaviest sword, like punching under water you never can hit who you're trying for... We're never gonna win the world we're never gonna stop the war we're never gonna beat this if belief is what we're fighting for."
Belief

"So scared of getting older I'm only good at being young so I play the numbers game to find a way to say that life has just begun. Had a talk with my old man said "Help me understand". He said "turn sixty-eight, you'll renegotiate"..."
Stop this Train

1 comment:

Toevs said...

This has nothing to do with John Mayer, but have you heard the new Kim Johnson CD? My Dad has one and I want to get a hold one somehow. :-) Good stuff!