Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Paradise

Life is what we make of it. After an incredibly frustrating week I jumped head first into another challenge. I participated in the Colorado Outward Bound relay race which is a 170 mile 24+ hour running relay. There were 10 runners - including myself - and we alternated running the 170 miles. I experienced a lot of external discomfort during the race. We were awake for at least 27 of the 30 hours it took us to complete the race. We ran through freezing rain, snow, mud and once we got in the car (wet usually) we were cramped as you can visualize from the picture above. Normally conditions like these might have ruined my outlook, my mood, even my day. Despite the external adversity we finished the race and enjoyed it. During the toughest parts we were laughing at ourselves, at the weather, at what we had chosen to throw ourselves into! We even named the back of the car paradise!

In retrospect, I've learned that my attitude really does impact my perseption of life. I need to make "Paradise" happen a little more often.

2 comments:

Eric Tuin said...

Very true, thanks for the reminder.

Toevs said...

Glad to see your "blogging" too. :) I am looking forward to finding the missing link...or is it you who is missing the link. ha ha
I wish we could get together for coffee sometime... I know, we can drink a cup and read each other's blogs... not quite the same, but that's all the miles will allow.
Until next time...