Wednesday, February 28, 2007

You Give Me Something


The title to this blog is also the title of one of my most current favorite tunes by James Morrison, but it also inspired this blog entry. Lately I've been given opportunities by others to advise them and offer my opinion, talents, etc. Often I take these opportunities lightly and don't really think much of them...Somehow today it struck me differently. It is an absolute privilege to have someone let you in and value your relationship enough to want to hear what you have to say. That they believe I might have something to offer is not something to take lightly. More deeply than that, in time, I will need someones help, advise, shoulder to lean on, etc. and they in return will give me something - have given me something in the past!


We really live interdependently on each other - it's impossible not too...Our lives would miss much!! God made us all differently for a reason...We can draw on each others strengths, talents, experiences when needed. Our lives are enriched by others. An example for me is music and the people who make it and move me with their sound, lyrics, talent. I could not sing to save my life but my life is fuller because others sing. I thank God for my friends. I need their gifts, conversations, perspective, support, love, etc to survive!


Where would we be without each other?! Seriously:)!

1 comment:

Toevs said...

Sometimes I think we are sooo much alike! I too was skipped over with the singing talent... but, like you, I do love hearing others sing. (It's hard being in the Tuin clan without being able to sing, isn't it? - ha ha)
I enjoy getting glimpses of you and your life through the blogs. Thanks for sharing yourself. :-)