Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What I Should be Doing and What I am Doing... Well:)...

So right now I'm supposed to be cleaning my house but somehow blogging beat out scrubbing toilets? Hmmm...:)

This weekend we went back to my home town for a few days. It was a catch up weekend. I pretty much tried to see as many friends as possible so our days were busy and our time pretty full...And then there was my 10 year class reunion, (for me it was actually more like 14 years since I left that class before we entered high school) but they still invited me to come any way - thanks guys:)! So what I found in all this chasing and catching up was that my really good friends, we haven't missed a beat. It was so refreshing and I LOVED it! We haven't seen each other maybe for a year or two or fourteen but it still felt like yesterday when we talked. And really that in itself speaks for the relationships. Time tested and distance worn but still there is something that remains.

I also found that even in the midst of catching up you can make new friends which was perhaps the nicest surprise of my reunion. I met a girl there who married a guy in my class and well, the rest of the evening was history - right Megann:)?!! Who knew I would find such truth this weekend in the old adage, "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold..."

The weekend was an experience I am truly having a hard time putting into words for you to understand. It was good (as lame as the word seems in comparison to the experience), and it was fun...AND I hope you all have some golden and silver relationships in your life:)! Sorry if that is cheesey but right now it's the only way I know how to say it:).

XO

1 comment:

Toevs said...

Glad you had fun at your reunion. When I went to mine, I was glad Dave was with me, so I had a friend to talk to. The reunion was pretty lame and basically, it was just an expensive date for us. I decided that was the last high school reunion I would go to. Now college reunions are a different story! That is where my "gold" friends are! Of course family reunions can be fun too... cause then I would see you! :-) You're gold too. ;-)