Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm Not Who I Was... Are You?


I have a song posted right now on my myspace profile entitled, I'm not who I was. Someone asked me the other day, who I am now and who I am not anymore... I wanted to answer that question right away, but I thought better of it and allowed myself time to ponder it. The conclusion I've come to is that life is constantly changing me. I'm growing, learning, maturing, experiencing, etc. Life is a never ending process. My understanding of life has changed by my experiences.


The constants I have found are my moral values or code. This is the line I go back to - its my compass and stabilizer as I walk through life. The only other constant for me is God. And He alone is responsible for guiding my moral values and codes. Everything else that I can think of changes... Relationships grow and change, bloom and die. People come and go, are young and grow old and pass on. My environment and surroundings can change almost daily due to weather, seasons, choices people. I could go on but I think you get the overall point.


I'm not who I was because I can't be. The process of life is changing me consistently. I hope that the changes that occur are mostly for the better...

1 comment:

Toevs said...

I am glad we have the opportunity for changin who we are... sometimes (like today) I don't always like who I am... that is especially when I am Grumpy! Thankfully, tomorrow is another day! :-)