Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One Step Behind Reality

Things here are getting a little wild. After over 7 months of Eric manuevering and trying to buy his engineering division it is VERY suddenly happening. If all goes well, and all the required documents and signatures are aquired, Eric will be the proud owner of Vision Engineering by Monday! Were we anticipating this date as the closing date? No...But ready or not, the bank and the owners are pitching to him. I guess I always thought the closing date would come at the earliest by mid-December the latest being the first of '08. It's funny when you get your mind set on something how a sudden change can interrupt your orbit and throw it off balance. All of this "suddeness" is a little overwhelming to both of us. I readily admit that this is happening at a rate I am not digesting. Which makes me think I am insane to just let this coast right into our lives before we anticipated it. Regardless of my inability to comprehend this I have complete confidence that Eric will smack this pitch right out of the park. This is his time and I know, as well as many others that he of all people can do this and do well with it (the company)!!

For now I'm trying to level believing that we are ready and can handle this on top of the holiday hub-bub, two children and their activities for the holidays, and everything else life gives day in and day out. Perhaps if I had time to think it all through I would melt down. At least this way it is done and we move forward!

If you would have told me a year ago this is where our lives would be today I probably would have laughed at you and I'm sure I wouldn't have believed you for a second...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations... I remember when Brian started his three years ago... This is a great thing for you guys as it has been for us. Luv ya

Toevs said...

We are in an opposite dilemma... our closing date got pushed back indefinitely. :-(

A year ago I wouldn't have believed we would be where we are now either.

Anonymous said...

Nothing is constant in Life except change. This is a good one.