Thursday, November 08, 2007

Take Every Breath God Gives You for What It's Worth."

Yes...Another blog set to music. I can't help it. I've been wanting to blog for a few weeks now about living life with no regrets, getting older, etc. And I couldn't find the words to bring my thoughts to life...Until I watched the CMA's last night and saw Kenny Chesney perform "Don't Blink". And I knew that was it, there was something to build my blog around. I've heard the song before a few times and loved the lyrics but this time I heard the song filtered through what I've been wanting to write about.

Here we are in this game of life and the older we get it seems the faster the game goes. I am now approaching my 30's (turning 29 this year) and I know those who are already there are probably already rolling their eyes at what they think I'm going to say but I'm going to say it anyway - you can keep rolling your eyes...:) It seems that at 30 something changes - either it is that you realize you aren't as young as you want to be anymore or that you realize youth is getting away from you in the blink of an eye. Suddenly 1 year doesn't seem so long and you want to make your time worthwhile, live with no regrets.

I decided after thinking a lot about that statement, "Live with no regrets" that for me that is impossible to do. I live and that in itself is a gift. I don't know how one can truly live without regrets when we can't know, don't know the consequences of all our decisions before we make them or while we are making them. I think I want to get to the end of my life and look back and be thankful for a life lived to the best of my knowledge and ability. I want to look back and like this song writer so aptly put it, see that in a blink of an eye I've lived a life full of love.

And for those of you who may think (or have accused me of) taking life too seriously - believe me I'm not:)! I'm just living! And taking every breath God gives me for what it is worth! I think each breath is priceless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, good advice! Enjoyed the music too. Life goes at it's own pace and you never know what's around the next corner. It is an amazing journey and a wild ride. Just adjust your speed accordingly. And in your deepest core, be serene in the knowledge that one day you will be back with God again, as will everybody else you love. It's not the goal - it's the journey... and, FYI you aren't really an adult until you are thirty, so relax.

Toevs said...

Life does go by quickly, that's for sure! I think it speeds up when you have kids and you see their life going by at such a fast speed. It is a roller coaster... one that is better when shared with friends and loved ones. :-)