Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankful!


Since Thanksgiving is upon us I thought I would jot down a small list of (in no particular order of importance) the things I am most thankful for. I feel like I am often so rushed, especially with 2 kids that I wanted to take a quiet moment of reflection before this holiday slips past me for another year.

Wishing you and your loved ones a warm and happy turkey day!

XO

I'm thankful for life, for breath, for a heart that beats so that I can experience the every day and the mundane.

I'm thankful for love - to give and receive it, to feel it and touch it. To be burned by it and to burn with it...There is no greater wealth.

I'm thankful for my friends and family who understand me (or maybe they don't all the time:)!) but regardless show me what it is to love and be loved.

I'm thankful for a warm house filled with loud and at times screaming children, an often dirty kitchen, and an often dusty shelf filled with memories. These are the sounds and signs of a healthy home.

I'm thankful for my husband. I haven't met a woman or wife yet that is luckier than me. I can't believe sometimes that he is mine and I NEVER want to take him for granted, though I'm sure I do:).

I'm thankful for this quiet moment to reflect on these things. It's quiet because my kids are napping and for that I am thankful too!:)

Without these basic elements in my life, I would be lost. What a great time of year to reflect and remind ourselves that life is a rare and incomprehensible treasure:).

2 comments:

Toevs said...

I am thankful you married my cousin. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are indeed rich!