Monday, October 06, 2008

Ever So Close

Just thought I would post a few quick updates. Back in August I posted a blog about the relay team I was putting together to run in the Denver Marathon on October 19th. The race is now less than 2 weeks away and our team is still solid and training. I might add our team is comprised of some of my FAVORITE people of all time, including two of my lifer BFF's and my original tequila buddy (shots after the race Andrew?)!!

Since I put the team together I ended up being the runner that opted to take on...err by default got stuck with the 9.1 mile leg. Ha;)! I'm winding down one of my best running seasons to date, so this was a good challenge for me to tackle. However, over the course of my short running career, this is a distance I've been unable to attain in a race setting due to various over use and over training injuries. Training for the Denver Marathon has affirmed in my mind that I like shorter distances much (let me emphasize) MUCH better than longer ones. I've run over 15 miles total each week for the last several weeks with my longest run per week topping out at 7 miles. This week I'm up to 17 miles for the week and my long run will be 8 miles. I've managed to keep my body and muscles semi-healthy this time so it looks like the 9 miles is just within my grasp - quick find me some wood to knock on:). I'm slower at this distance than my competitive nature would like to be but at least I anticipate accomplishing this 9.1 mile long goal. Wish me luck!

Other updates...Ugh...Boo. I wish I had more good news for you. Send some sunshine, cheer and easier days my way. Aside from a healthy running season there aren't many good things going on here. But I continue to smile and believe with all the hope and joy that remains in me, each day brings me one day closer to a breakthrough. Just as each step during my runs brings me one stride closer to my 9 mile goal...And that seems to be enough to keep me going strong.

Hope you are all well. Thanks for popping in...

XO

1 comment:

The Miller Clan said...

I am hoping and praying for postive things to happen too! Best of luck in your run! Have a good time and don't push yourself too hard!
Love ya,
Jana