Monday, October 13, 2008

Taking Suggestions...Now :)

If you recall back in August I wrote a blog entitled "Busting Through"...? I have been somewhat relentless in that area when it comes to my writing career. In the last few months I've been chasing down leads and responding to every job ad I feel qualified for. If nothing else has come of this crazy year it is that I have definitely found my niche creatively...I am a writer and I will not stop until I get paid to do what I love;). And at that, I'm not even sure I care if I get paid monetarily as long my writing manages to reach people and/or impacts my immediate world.

SO, to the updates. In the last week I've gotten two opportunities to interview for paid writing positions. One is for a new local magazine in the works and the other is for a new, upcoming music site that is hiring bloggers. Which is where I thought you might come in handy. I am in need of a "musical" topic to blog about. The emphasis is that I write about anything under the category of "music" but I do have to have a specific topic I can blog about weekly for 4-5 months at least. The topic has to be specific enough to write intelligently about but broad enough to write about for a wide range of time. In addition I need to somehow tie that topic back into the Colorado music scene. I have to submit an outline of my first six blogs by next Tuesday, at which point they will choose the top 3 writers out of 20 some. I want to be one of them.

So here's my request...Send me topic ideas! I do have in mind a general direction I want to head in but I also want to find out what you would enjoy reading. Since I already have a small audience here it would be great to hear your feedback and generate some interest in this new site should I get hired. Of course keep in mind I need your ideas ASAP since I have to get my outline together this week. You can either respond here by commenting or email me at: marion@2ncivil.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! I will most definitely keep you posted on the results of both of these writing opportunities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marian. I dont know if I've got any ideas for you, but I've put The Mitch up to the task to help you out. He is wise to the Colorado music scene and may have some good ideas for you. Good luck! I think you would make a FINE professional blogger!

Mitch said...

Marion,
Colorado's music scene has blown up in the last few years! If you listen to 93.3 they play a lot of local bands. The Fray, Meese, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Flobots, One Republic and many others are all from Denver, Ft, Collins, Boulder, Colorado Springs, etc.

Check area93.com for some good info on local music. Granted, they are all alternative music but they are good. They all have myspace pages which is a good place to research denver music.

Good luck and let me know if you need any help!