Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Snow Day

It's as if God decided all of us here in Colorado needed to slow down because we are getting socked in with a major winter storm! I love it! Stores are closing early due to snow, events are being rescheduled and people stayed home from work. The ones that did venture out in the storm are mostly concerned with getting home where they will be safe and warm to weather the storm (accept my husband of course - he is still working and plans to stay for awhile)...:)

If there is one gift on my list every year that only God could give me, this is it! A white Christmas and a cozy holiday! Thank you God for the early gift and the reminder that it really is better to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.

My plans for the day? Hot cocoa, maybe building a snowman with the kids, oh and a little shoveling to help Eric out so when he does come home he can slow down with us:)! I have of course attached a few pictures of the weather which really don't do this storm justice. A view of the front of our house (top), a view from the back porch and my self-portrait and though it isn't awesome it makes me giggle:)! Maybe it will do the same for you!

Until next time....


2 comments:

Toevs said...

As much I don't like being cold, I wish it would snow here. I'm dreaming of a White Christmas. I just doesn't seem the same withough the snow. Snow is part of the spirit of Christmas. I hear you got 2 feet. How fun! Emma is dying to build a snowman. The girls are getting snow boots for Christmas... we snow to wear them in. :-) Glad you are having a great holiday season. Tell Eric to enjoy it with you. :-)
Merry Christmas! Are you guys going to Jan & Sandy's? Going to your parents? Staying put? Enjoy it where ever you are!

Toevs said...

Are you still snowed under?