Thursday, February 07, 2008

"Big Fish"

I'm settled in now and much more comfortable with my surroundings and being here:)...I LOVE the change of scenery! It's so different than what I see daily... I saw big fish this a.m. swimming out in the ocean. I say big fish because at first I thought they were the dorsal fins of dolphins but then realized maybe its too cold for dolphins this time of year...I honestly don't know?? So then I thought maybe whales but I really wasn't able to get a good look or know for sure because they were swimming so far out. It did make me happy though to see them in their natural habitat and I'm content to settle my ignorance by calling them "big fish":).

O.k. seriously, to the nitty gritty now...:) One of the reasons I wanted to take this trip was to be alone and take care of myself. I've never had to and/or gotten to do that before and I wanted to know that I could do it...Today I came to peace with the fact that even though I can and may be able to adequately manage life and all that goes with it on my own, it's nice to be taken care of and loved too. Having people in my life that I can trust and who I know do have my back and care about what happens to me or even just care about how I am doing is invaluable...And what made me realize that today was all the love I got from you in phone calls, emails, etc. Thanks:)...

XO

1 comment:

The Miller Clan said...

You are loved and cared for GREATLY by MANY!!!!!You are a truly wonderful person...and I am glad you are my brother's wife!
Love you!