Wednesday, February 06, 2008

So Far...

I don't really have anything amazing or profound to write today... I LOVE it here in sunny So. California. I love my location. I'm right on the beach. Between the beach and my hotel is the Boardwalk - I guess that is what it is called...But it is all concrete so maybe that isn't technically accurate??

I didn't do much today a little reading, exploring and people watching. I'm feeling ambitious and may go out tonight for a happy hour drink...?? For those of you worrying about my safety, please don't. I have my head screwed on straight and have been very careful and aware of my surroundings :). It may give you peace of mind to know that this strikes me as a very touristy and SAFE location. There are always lots of people around.

I have to say its a little odd to be completely on my own. I haven't quite known what to do with myself since there are no schedules to keep, no demands...It's interesting:). I'm not sure what I think about it yet. Its's been a looonnnggg time since I've only been responsible for myself.

Any way, now I'm rambling so I'll just get to the pix and let you go until tomorrow:).


A view of the sunset from my patio last night






Oh look that's me...I've learned today that I SUCK at self-portraits. We'll see if I can improve over the next few days:)





Found a Fat Burger while exploring and it smelled so good I went in for some fries...Sad to say this is a pic of what I couldn't finish. I guess I need a buddy to share with:(





A common site around here - surfers!







BUSTED with my BFF for this trip...Blogging to you;).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are in a gorgeous spot, please be careful drinking... But I gues you are use to city life and all the tricks... :)love ya

The Miller Clan said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers my sis...I hope this trip helps you to find some answers that you have been waiting for. I hope the break will bring you back refreshed too. We are here, so please let us know if you need anything! Love ya! J