Sunday, February 10, 2008

Breathing


"...Remember what it's like to come into a beautiful place, a garden or a meadow or a quiet beach. There is room for your soul. It expands. You can breathe again. You can rest. It is good. All is well." Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge

So day five and my soul has finally been allowed to breath and I feel it expanding again. I hope I can take that home with me and not close up again...One of the things I have missed while I've been away is being hugged. I usually get a pretty good daily dose of hugs and I woke up this morning and had an ache for a big squeeze! It's something I must take for granted because I didn't anticipate missing it:).

The last two days I've allowed myself the time to lay around, read, write, think, listen and watch people...And its been good for me. I think its opened me up a lot...Hopefully not too little too late since this is my second to last day but I'll take what I can get.

I saw my "big fish" again today while I was on a run. I think they are porpoises after a little thought and the help of Google:)...Because I was closer today I saw them swimming in a group...AND another highlight of the day was that someone besides me took a picture of me:)! YES! I think it was a sympathy shot because as they were walking by and saw me trying to take a pic. of myself they offered. I laughed and let them take it. I'm so excited to have a picture without my arm in it holding up the camera that I'm posting it witht his blog:)! Haha!!

To borrow a quote from one of the comments left yesterday I would say this sums up a lot for me right now...

"Sometimes you have to tear your whole world apart and put it back together to get it right."

It's time to breath and rebuild...

2 comments:

The Miller Clan said...

I am encouraged by your blog...glad you have been able to breathe! Enjoy your last day there!I'm sure everyone misses your hugs too! Take care...love ya!

Anonymous said...

Marion,
Hey sweetie... I haven't been able to read your blog for quite sometime and well, had a lot of catching up to do it seems. I am glad you were able to get away and spend some time alone to think and to "breathe". You are in my prayers and I trust that all that you are searching for answers to that God is more than faithful to reveal them to you. You are such a beautiful woman, mother, and wife, and of course friend! I know we haven't seen eachother in years but I truly think of you often and lift you and your family up in prayer. I am always here for you... hey come and get away in Washington (hahahaha!). Love you!