Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wrappin' 2008 Up...

Wow, so 2008 is gone in 10 hours +/-! I wish I had an eloquent flow of words to sum up my year and wrap it up with a bow. I don't though and it's probably appropriate given the scope of it all :). Probably the best way to summarize is to just re-list my Life Lessons from the year in consecutive order. I think you'll see as I did, that I've grown up a lot, especially in the last quarter of '08. I hope to continue my list in '09. Life is indeed learning.

Happy New Year to all of you. And my love too!;)

My Life Lessons of 2008


1. The consumption of alcohol cannot be sustained over a 7 hour period without consequences, (you'd think I would have learned that before now - maybe its just a lesson we have to re-learn from time to time).

2. Don't let my neighbor Ed mix you a drink - pretty much EVER! I was warned and I didn't listen to the warning. My bad.

3. Grace and forgiveness given where it is undeserved can be more cleansing and painful than the judgement and punishment we think we deserve.

4. When you suck at life (like I do now) don't abort the process of healing. Things never go away, and you'll deal with it eventually.

5. There is no substitute for time. It heals much and is a true revealer. If ever you are unsure, unsettled, a mess, a tragedy or even needing a change, give it time.

6. Life is learning! This perhaps should be #1 in my list:)...

7. Your life, my life, our lives are impacting other people in ways we will never know...Which means you don't have to be successful to be influential. Make the most of the people and the moments in life.

8. Don't be too cowardly to accept responsibility for actions and liabilities. It makes us better people in the end.

9. I am gullible! All the writing jobs I got so excited about and even blogged about turned out to be SCAMS! Three in a row. I figured I had nothing to loose by applying and following the application processes through. Nothing to loose perhaps but a scosh of pride. However despite the scammers I do believe I am a bit better for the experience. And I do have an authentic opportunity on the fire I will be keeping quieter until it transpires (if it does).

10. It's okay to make mistakes - even major ones - if you allow the mistakes to make you. In other, way overused terminology freakin' learn from them. You'd think I'd have learned this one by now, but this year it was amplified. :)

11. Until you find yourself and know who you are and where you are going, you'll never be able to lead any other. Simple in concept, profound in life experience.

12. It's okay to be self-centered in moderation. If you don't take care of yourself how can you authentically give to others for any sustainable amount of time?

13. Friends are proven and/or fail in times of struggle and faltering. The results of a true test of friendship will unceasingly surprise you.

14. Don't give up on a difficult time or process. Never give up. It's always worth the fight, victory and even defeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I linked over from your NYCMM entry - I knew you were a "real" blogger because you had a cool template. Anyway, I'm a Coloradan, too, and just wanted to say "hi"!

Okay, back over to read your entry...